Welcome to Southlands Christian Preschool!
Our preschool has been in operation since 1987, providing a developmental program that encourages each child to grow socially, emotionally, physically, cognitively, and spiritually. We provide a safe and nurturing environment that meets the needs of the diverse community around us. Support for non-English speaking families is one of our priorities; we have translators fluent in Chinese, Spanish, and Korean.
Our preschool fosters a developmentally appropriate learning environment that empowers preschool children to be confident, successful, and lifelong learners. Curriculum and lessons are taught by educated and caring teachers, who involve the use of play, music, manipulatives, art, technology, small groups, and developmental centers in their lessons.
Our daily activities include advanced instruction in alphabet, numbers, pre-writing, and reading skills that are appropriately designed for each age group. We believe in educating and meeting the needs of the whole child, which includes purposefully planned indoor and outdoor activities, library time, Spanish instruction, music, cooking, and weekly chapels.
We at Southlands Christian School believe that educating and caring for your child is a God-given responsibility and gift. We look forward to the chance of serving you!
Three Pillars of Preschool
Instruction and Academics
We believe that each child is “fearfully and wonderfully made” (Psalm 139:14). Our teachers work to present meaningful opportunities for learning that encourage physical, emotional, social, cognitive, and spiritual growth in each individual child. We utilize developmental milestones as well as suggested state requirements for age appropriate learning.
Weekly lessons include:
• A focus on academics, using Little Treasures and Purposeful Design
• Music and movement
• Technology-infused lessons (iPads, projectors, and computers)
• Spanish instruction
• Chinese instruction
• Daily Bible instruction
• Daily Centers (dramatic play, sensory stations, science, library, building, art)
• Library time
Caring and Devoted Staff
All of our teachers are experienced and educated individuals that possess a profound love for children and education. They show love through giving hugs, saying prayers, and providing individualized attention for each student.
• All teachers are CPR and First Aid certified.
• Classes are taught at a 12:1 ratio for 3-year-olds and 10:1 for 2-year-olds.
• Skilled and effective teacher aids provide daily support to teachers and students.
• Spanish, Chinese, and Korean interpreters are available.
• Teachers are trained in a variety of ways to handle child management and discipline issues with love and dignity.
• Teachers consistently assess individual student growth through informal and formal classroom assessments to better guide instruction techniques.
• Ongoing training is provided for teachers to continue their education and learning opportunities.
Commitment to God’s Word
Southlands Christian Preschool believes that children are a gift from God. Our main desire is to have our students understand that they are loved and created by an amazing God who has great plans for them. With this in mind, our teachers strive to infuse the message of the Gospel in each and every activity that they do.
• Weekly chapel time includes worship time, a Bible lesson, and opportunities to provide an offering to support our school’s mission of bringing clean water wells to South America and Africa.
• All-school morning worship time takes place each Monday and Friday with our director.
• Daily bible lessons and scripture memorization is taught with the use of song.
• Our character education training is Biblically-based.
• Purposeful prayer is modeled constantly throughout the day.
You can may seen as on more tags:
walnut preschool, west covina preschool, rowland heights preschool, walnut christian preschool, west covina christian preschool, rowland heights christian preschool
Leave a Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.